Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:54, 5 May 2017 by
The $VERSIONINFO GL Metacommand adds programmer text metadata to Windows only binaries for identification purposes across the OS.
- Text keys: CompanyName, FileDescription, InternalName, LegalCopyright, LegalTrademarks, OriginalFilename, ProductName, Web, Comments
- Numeric keys:FILEVERSION# and PRODUCTVERSION#
- Text and numerical values are string literals without quotes entered by programmer. No variables are accepted! (variable names would be interpreted as literals).
- Numeric key=value must be 4 comma-separated numerical text values entered by programmer which usually stand for major, minor, revision and build)
- Available starting with build 20170429/52 (released on April 29th 2017)
Example: Adding metadata to a Windows exe compiled with QB64: