Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:13, 15 August 2010 by
The SEEK statement sets the next byte or record position of a file for a read or write.
- Syntax: SEEK filenumber%, position%
- The filenumber must be a file that is OPEN.
- Position is a byte in BINARY or sequencial files created in OUTPUT, APPEND or INPUT (file mode)s.
- Position is the record in RANDOM files to read or write.
- The SEEK statement can work with the SEEK function to move around in a file.
Example: A SEEK statement using the SEEK function to move to the next random record in a file.
SEEK 1, SEEK(1) + 1