Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:49, 9 October 2010 by
The COMMAND$ function returns the DOS commandline arguments passed when a program is run.
Syntax: variable$ = COMMAND$
- The string return value is any parameter following the filename in a RUN or command line statement.
- Qbasic returns uppercase STRING parameters no matter what case they were sent originally.
- QB64 does not require or return all uppercase values so keep that fact in mind when checking parameters passed!
- Useful when the programmer wants to add options to the command line of a program for later use by another program.
- COMMAND$ was not available in QuickBasic versions below 4.0
Example: Program A runs a program with a parameter following the filename:
RUN "ProgramB.exe fs"
- Program B checks for fullscreen parameter pass in QB64.