Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:33, 1 September 2017 by (Replace non-working SDL sample call with glut's equivalent.)
The ALIAS clause in a DECLARE LIBRARY statement block tells the program the name of the procedure used in the external library.
- SUB pseudoname ALIAS actualname [(parameters)]
- The pseudo name is the name of the SUB or FUNCTION the QB64 program will use.
- The actual name is the same procedure name as it is inside of the DLL library.
- QB64 must use all parameters of imported procedures including optional ones.
- The ALIAS name clause is optional as the original library procedure name can be used.
- The procedure name does not have to be inside of quotes when using DECLARE LIBRARY.
- QB64 does not support optional parameters.
- In Qbasic ALIAS was originally only used in a DECLARE (non-BASIC statement) library declarations.
Example: Instead of creating a SUB with the Library statement inside of it, just rename it:
- Explanation: When a Library procedure is used to represent another procedure name use ALIAS instead. Saves creating a SUB! Just place your name for the procedure first with the actual Library name after ALIAS.