The ALIAS clause in a DECLARE LIBRARY statement block tells the program that you will use a different name than that used in the program. This only applies when declaring non-BASIC procedures.
- SUB pseudoname ALIAS actualname [(parameters)]
- The actual name is the same procedure name as it is inside of the DLL library.
- The name does not have to be inside of quotes when using DECLARE LIBRARY.
- In Qbasic ALIAS was originally only used in a DECLARE (non-BASIC statement) library statement declaration.
Example: Instead of creating a SUB with the Library statement inside of it, just rename it:
- Explanation: When a Library procedure is used to represent another procedure name use ALIAS instead. Saves creating a SUB! Just place your name for the procedure first with the actual Library name after ALIAS.