Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:42, 22 October 2012 by
The / mathematical operator performs decimal point division on a numerical value.
- return_value = number / divisor
- Number value can be any literal or variable numerical type.
- Divisor (second value) must not be a value of 0 to .5. This will create a "Division by zero" error! due to CINT rounding.
- Return values can be any literal or variable numerical type, but SINGLE or DOUBLE type decimal point returns are likely.
- Values returned may be expressed using exponential or scientific notation using E for SINGLE or D for DOUBLE precision.
- Use the \ integer division operator to guarantee INTEGER or LONG return values.
- Division and multiplication operations are performed before addition and subtraction in Qbasic's order of operations.