Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:59, 11 July 2010 by
The / mathematical operator performs decimal point division on a numerical value.
Syntax: return_value = number / divisor
- Number value can be any literal or variable numerical type.
- Divisor can be any literal or variable numerical type. Cannot be a zero value or a "Division by zero" error will occur!
- Return values can be any literal or variable numerical type, but SINGLE or DOUBLE type decimal point returns are likely.
- Use the \ integer division operator to guarantee INTEGER or LONG return values.
- Division and multiplication operations are performed before addition and subtraction in Qbasic's order of operations.